For the pesto:
- 2 cups malunggay leaves
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 cup organic raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 1 pack of rotelle quinoa pasta
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 organic, red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of organic albacore tuna, drained
- 10 organic black olives, sliced
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor and refrigerate in a jar until ready for use.
- Boil quinoa pasta in a pot of salted water according to package directions.
- When al dente, drain water then toss in olive oil.
- In a sauce pan, sauté onions then garlic. Add the red bell peppers, tuna and olives.
- Add 1 cup of pesto to the pan toss well until cooked. Serve immediately.