- 5 Pcs Fresh Eggs
- 1Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Sized White Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 800g Canned Tomato
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 40g (¼ Size) Red Bell Pepper
- 80g (½ Size) Green Bell Pepper
- 1Tbs Fresh Parsley
- 1Tbs Fresh Mint Leaves
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp Cumin (or to taste)
- Cayenne To Taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Mint Leaves
- Fresh Parsley
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C
2. Prepare vegetable ingredients by dicing green bell pepper, red bell pepper, white onion.
3. Wash and dry herbs and mince the mint and parsley.
4. Crush garlic and finely mince.
5. In a hot cast iron skillet, saute white onion until glossy and then add the garlic.
6. Once garlic and onions are cooked well, add diced red bell pepper, and green bell
pepper until cooked.
7. Add tomato paste and roast with the vegetables until the ingredients come together.
8. Add the canned tomato and a little water.
9. Simmer the sauce until ingredients come together.
10. Reduce the sauce and let it start to thicken.
11. Season with spices according to your preferred taste and heat.
12. When almost at the right consistency, chop fresh herbs and mix in the sauce.
13. Create “pockets” in the skillet and add the egg in the pockets.
14. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or depending on your preferred doneness of the eggs.
If you don’t have an oven, lower the heat and cover the skillet until the eggs are cooked
to your doneness.
15. Chop fresh herbs and garnish. Best served with toasted breads.