- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter + 1 Tbsp cold or room temperature Butter
- 3/4 cup Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced tarragon
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Sautéed leeks, roasted asparagus, and 1-2 fried eggs to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Once oven is fully heated, place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat for at least 25 minutes.
- While pan heats, whisk eggs in a large bowl until very light and fluffy. Add flour, milk, melted butter, flour, herbs, zest, salt, and pepper, and gently whisk until smooth.
- Carefully remove hot cast iron pan from oven and place remaining 1 Tbsp butter in the pan to melt. Once foaming ceases, pour the batter into the hot pan. Immediately return the pan to the oven and bake until puffed and set, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the Dutch baby from the oven and decorate with sautéed leeks, roasted asparagus, and fried eggs to serve.