serving size: 16 | time: 30
- 1/2 cup ground organic chia seeds (use a coffee grinder)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or other erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 4 large all-natural eggs
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed Coffee
- 2 oz dark chocolate chunks 70 to 90% cacao
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x9 square baking pan. Line with parchment paper, with some overhanging the sides for easy release. Grease parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chia seed meal, sweetener, baking soda and salt.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate together, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs (mixture may seize), then whisk in coffee. Stir in chia seed mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 15 to 16 minutes for a fudgier consistency or 18 to 20 for a cakier consistency.
- Remove and let cool completely in pan.
- Remove brownies from pan by grasping the overhanging parchment and lifting carefully. Cut into 16 squares.