For the Meatballs:
- 1 kg Healthy Options Organic Ground Pork
- 1 stalk Celery, finely diced
- 1 pc Carrot, finely diced
- 1 bulb White Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp Field Day Organic Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls Basil, chopped
- 2 tsp Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Simply Organic Dried Oregano
- ¾ cup Energ Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Healthy Options All-natural Eggs
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Spectrum canola Oil
- 1 jar Cadia Tomato Basil sauce
- 1 jar Cadia 4-Cheese Tomato sauce
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Corn Grits:
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Corn Grits
- 2 cups Organic Valley Milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Kerrygold Butter
- Place a pan over medium heat. Sauté celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, do not brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine meat with vegetables and the rest of the ingredients, except for flour, canola oil, and tomato sauces. Mix and fold well.
- Form large meatballs and dust with flour. Pat off excess flour.
- Heat up canola oil in a shallow pan. Brown meatballs on all sides. Drain.
- In a separate pan, heat up tomato sauces and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and tomato sauce to a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 170 degrees Celsius/340 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Heat up milk and water until simmering. Add corn grits. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk mixture for 15 minutes, or until grits thicken into a mash. Fold in butter.
- Spoon corn grits into a bowl Place meatballs on top, ladle on sauce and top with grated parmesan cheese and chopped herbs.