- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
- 1 heaping cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Extra paprika, black pepper and olive oil for garnish
- In a strainer over a large bowl, drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid.
- In a food processor, add basil, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, chickpeas, salt, paprika, onion powder and black pepper. Slowly pour in olive oil and chickpea liquid
- Slowly pour the olive oil and ladle in the chickpea liquid until the hummus has reached a desired consistency.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper and a paprika. Serve with fresh vegetables or crisp pita chips.