- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper for the marinade.
- In a reusable container with cover, add the chicken and pour in the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat and ensure it’s well coated.
- Marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes but best if overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes per side until skin is golden brown. Move chicken to unlit side of the grill and cook covered, until internal temperature is 74 °C (165 °F).
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.