- 1 cup Healthy Options quinoa
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon gluten free tamari or soy sauce, use divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, use divided
- ½ pound Healthy Options ground pork
- 1½ cups frozen peas and carrots
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons fresh or dried ginger
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and the quinoa. Cover the pot, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and reserve.
- Lightly beat the eggs with ½ teaspoon tamari and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, breaking it up, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and carrots (no need to thaw) green onions, garlic, remaining tablespoon of tamari, sesame oil, and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until everything is heated through. Add the cooked quinoa and cook, stirring for another 1 -2 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture by pushing everything to the sides of the pan. Add an additional tablespoon of oil, let it heat for about 15 seconds, then add the eggs. Scramble the eggs then mix them into the rest of the mixture.