serving size: 4 | time: 30 mins
For the pork:
- 1 kg Healthy Options Pork Belly
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Tamari sauce
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 4 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
For the chili mayo:
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
For the pickled vegetables:
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1/2 pc Cucumber, sliced
- 1 pc Carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 pc Green Sili, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
For the sandwich assembly:
- Pan de Sal Buns or Baguette slices
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Over medium-high heat, sear pork belly in canola oil.
- For braising liquid, combine tamari, orange juice, hoisin sauce, five spice powder, ginger, garlic, black peppercorns, and coconut sugar in a pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Combine meat and braising liquid in a baking pan and cover with foil. Poke a small hole in the foil. Place pan in an oven and braise at 170 °C/340 °F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until pork is almost falling apart.
- Separate the sauce and simmer until liquid is syrupy. Strain and reserve.
- Combine organic mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix vinegar, honey and sea salt in a bowl. Add cucumber, carrot, and green sili and marinate for at least 3 minutes. Drain
- Slice bread lengthwise, halfway, and toast bread. Slather chili mayo on the bread, then add lettuce, pork belly, and pickled vegetables.
- Brush with reserved sauce and garnish with cilantro.