serving size: 3 | time: 30 mins
- 210g Healthy Options Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Simply Organic Nutmeg
- 115g Bob's Red Mill Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Wholesome Sweetener's Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Natural Tides Fine Sea Salt
- 100ml La Tourangelle Almond Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Flavorganics Vanilla Extract
- 350g Carrots
- Optional: 100g Woodstock Walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 30g Kerrygold Butter, room temperature
- 200g Organic Valley Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tsp Wholesome Sweetener's Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Flavorganics Vanilla Extract
- Optional: 1/4 Tsp Lemon juice, 1/4 Tsp Lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners
- Optional: shred the carrots.
- Roughly chop walnuts and set aside.
- Add coconut sugar and honey to grated carrots. Combine well and set aside.
- Combine grapeseed oil, eggs, salt and vanilla in separate bowl and set aside.
- Place the sifter on top of a mixing bowl and add in the all-purpose baking mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sift and combine well.
- Combine carrots, walnuts and egg mixture.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix until batter is fully incorporated.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners.*
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Muffins must spring back when toucher lightly.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- Add butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract and honey into a mixing bowl. Optional: add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients while incorporating air into the frosting using a whisk.
- Use offset spatula to spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. (Approximately 18g frosting per cupcake)
*To use exact weight to measure cupcakes, place one measuring cup on a weighing scale and scoop batter into the cup until it reaches 70g, then place into muffin liner.