Dark Chocolate Brownie:
- 1 pack Healthy Options Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 43g melted butter
- 70 ml canola or palm oil
- 83 ml fresh milk or water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 30g whole almonds
Salted Coffee Caramel:
- 1 cup black coffee
- 180g cane sugar
- 240ml heavy cream
- 30g cubed butter
- Kahlua (optional)
1. In a sauce pot, add sugar and coffee.
2. Boil on low heat until mixture has reduced to 1/3 the size. Mixture should look slightly thick.
3. Turn off heat and add heavy cream and butter. Whisk to combine.
4. Turn heat back on low and reduce until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from heat and mix in salt and Kahlua.
6. Set aside to cool.
7. Preheat oven according to Healthy Options Brownie Mix instructions.
8. Roughly chop almonds. Set aside.
9. Complete Healthy Options Brownie Mix as instructed on packet.
10. Fold in chocolate chips.
11. Pour half of brownie batter into baking pan.
12. Drizzle coffee caramel on top of layer and add in half of almonds.
13. Add remaining batter on top and finish with remaining almonds.
14. Bake as instructed.
15. Remove from oven and set aside on cooling rack. Chill overnight before serving.
16. Drizzle with coffee caramel before serving.