serving size: 4 | time: 30 mins
- 250 grams pork belly, cut into small cubes with fat separated
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ cup dried lentils
- 1 thumb-size piece organic ginger, cut lengthwise
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cups of water
- 1 organic vegetable bouillon cube
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 pieces organic bay leaves
- 4 organic tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups of organic spinach or malunggay leaves
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place a piece of pork fat, moving it around to completely cover the bottom.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and ginger until onions are translucent.
- Remove the piece of pork fat and add the pork meat. Stir until completely cooked.
- Add the lentils, fish sauce, water, bouillon, coconut cream, dried basil and bay leaves.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes then add the tomatoes.
- Once the lentils are soft, toss in your handful of green vegetables into the pot. Season with salt and pepper if desired
- When leaves are starting to wilt, transfer to bowl and serve.