- 100g Chocolate or Graham Cookies
- 70g Butter, melted
- 30g Cane Sugar
- 300ml Heavy Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 250g Bittersweet Chocolate (at least 65%)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Red Wine Glaze:
- 150g Bittersweet chocolate (at least 65%)
- 60g Butter
- 50g Powdered Sugar
- 125ml Red Wine
1. Preheat over 350°F.
2. Pulse cookies in food processor into fine crumbs.
3. Melt butter and combine with crumbs.
4. Press into tart pan.
5. Place in chiller.
6. Bring heavy cream to boil and pour over chocolate in a separate bowl. Stir until smooth.
7. Whisk eggs, vanilla and salt in a separate bowl then add into chocolate mixture. Combine fully.
8. Pour filling into crust and bake until filling is set but center is still wobbly.
9. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
10. Place chocolate, butter and salt in heat proof bowl.
11. Place bowl on top of sauce pot with boiling water and melt ingredients.
12. Whisk in powdered sugar.
13. Bring wine to a low boil in a separate sauce pan.
14. Remove chocolate from heat and whisk in wine.
15. Let is cool until the mixture is thick.
16. Glaze tart just enough to cover the top.
17. Place back in chiller and remove only when about to serve.