serving size: 2 | time: 30 mins
- 2 pcs Healthy Options All-Natural Chicken Leg Quarters
- 2 stalks Leeks, halved
- 1 pc Ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs Garlic, halved
- 1 pc Carrot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 6 tsp Sake
- 6 tsp Eden Mirin
- 1 cup San-J Tamari
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Cadia Honey
- 6 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Cornstarch
- 2 cups Japanese Rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Sesame Seeds
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Debone chicken legs, and set aside fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the sauce, grill chicken bones, leeks and carrot slices.
- Sauté garlic and ginger together with the grilled leeks, carrots and bones.
- Add sake, mirin, tamari, water, honey and coconut sugar. Simmer until thick.
- Strain sauce into a clean pot. Simmer and thicken with cornstarch slurry.
- Grill chicken over medium-high fire on a grill pan. Glaze with sauce.
- Slice chicken and place on top of cooked rice. Brush with more sauce and garnish with leeks and sesame seeds.