serving size: 4 servings
- 2 6oz Unsalted Chunk Light Tongol Tuna, drained
- 16 oz bag Frozen Woodstock Organic Green Beans
- 3 oz Native Forest Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Butter
- 1/2 cup Cadia Free Range Chicken Broth
- 3/4 heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bobs Red Mill Xanthan Gum, optional - to thicken the sauce a bit
- 4 8oz shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 177°C or 350°F.
- In a medium pot, cook the green beans as directed on the package; drain well.
- Sauté the mushroom, celery and onion in the butter until very soft and starting to brown.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Let the liquid reduce by half, then stir in the cream. Bring back to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and cook until reduced and thickened, stirring frequently and watching closely so it doesn't boil over.
- Season to taste.
- Stir the tuna and mushroom soup mixture into the green beans. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Mix in the cheese; put into a 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly.