serving size: 6 | time: 30 mins
For the crust:
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tbsp olive oil butter
- 4 tbsp ice cold water
For the filling:
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 8 organic eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 can of salmon in brine, drained
- ¾ cup of organic cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 handful of organic spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Blend the butter into the flour mixture pinching them together with your fingers and thumbs and adding the ice cold water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt, garlic powder and white pepper.
- Unwrap the dough. Roll it out using a rolling pin between 2 plastic wraps until its 2 inches larger in diameter than the baking pan.
- Spray a 9-inch round baking pan with vegan butter spray. Place the pan face down on the flattened dough, then flip over.
- Press the dough onto the pan from the center outwards and up the sides. Pierce at the center with a fork.
- Bake your crust for 5 minutes or until the crust firms up. Remove from oven.
- Layer the filling ingredients starting with the spinach, salmon, mushrooms and cheese. Then pour in the milk & egg mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until egg springs back. Cool for 5 minutes before eating.