serving size: 6 | time: 30 mins
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 11 oz. Coconut Milk
- 3 Large beets, peeled & cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 Sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 Small parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 5-6 carrots, chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh ginger, minced
- 8 C. Vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste (optional)
- Garnish, Fresh dill (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat until melted. Add in the onion, carrots, and parsnip until the onions are fragrant and translucent (about 5 min).
- Add in the garlic, salt, and spices and sweat for another minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, then the beets and sweet potatoes and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and let stand until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- When the veggies are tender, add in the minced ginger and coconut milk. Remove from heat and stir for about a minute.
- Place all contents of the pot into a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until very smooth.
- Take with you in a jar for a light lunch, or serve in a bowl as a hearty side