- 1 Brown Onion, Peeled & Finely Diced
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- 250g Button Mushrooms, Quartered
- 2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 400g Bunalun Organic Tomato Chili Sauce or 400g Bunalun Organic Tomato Sauce (add chili to taste)
- 1 Long Red Chilli, Thinly Sliced
- 400g Bunalun Organic Spaghetti
- Handful Baby Basil Leaves
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a medium sized saucepan, warm 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil over medium/high heat. Add chopped onion, season with a good pinch crushed sea salt flakes and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and continue to fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the quartered mushrooms and cook, stirring often for 5-7 minutes or until softened and browned.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir into the mushrooms, scraping up any bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and sliced chilli and stir well, season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on pack. Save 1 cup (250ml) pasta water and add to the pasta sauce, stir through.
- Drain spaghetti, add to the pasta sauce, coat well and serve hot with extra freshly ground black pepper.