serving size: 4 | time: 30 mins
For the meatballs:
- 500 grams lean ground beef
- ½ small onion, minced very finely
- 1 medium carrot, minced very finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced very finely
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons organic ketchup
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
For the marinara:
- 1 pack brown rice spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 organic tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sweat onions in a little olive oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked onions, carrot, garlic, parsley, egg, coconut flour, Parmesan, ketchup, sea salt and pepper.
- Add the ground beef to the mixture with your hands and combine well.
- Use an ice cream scooper or spoon and roll golf ball-sized meatballs. Bake for about 12-15 minutes in the center of your oven until cooked through.
- Boil a pot of salted water and cook brown rice spaghetti according to package directions. When al dente, drain water then toss in olive oil
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil and sauté onions and garlic. Follow with tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, thyme, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
- Toss the meatballs in the sauce and let it simmer while you drain the pasta.
- Place noodles on a plate, top with meatballs, tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.