serving size: 4 | time: 30 mins
For the syrup:
- ½ cup frozen organic blueberries
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp cornstarch
For the pancake (wet):
- ¾ cup organic almond milk
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup melted almond butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the pancake (dry):
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup quinoa flour
- 2 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Vegan butter spray
- Place a pot on low fire then add blueberries, maple syrup and cornstarch.
- Let syrup simmer and occasionally stir while you make pancake batter. Turn the heat off when the syrup has slightly thickened.
- Whisk the almond milk, eggs, coco sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, flaxseed and baking powder.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Place pan on medium heat, and add some butter spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of butter pancake. Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown
- Top with blueberry maple syrup