serving size: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb Shelton's Ground Turkey
- 1 egg, whipped
- 2-4 tbsp Healthy Options Gluten-Free Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Pereg Spices Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Basil
- 3/4 tsp Natural Nectar Mediterranean Sea Salt
- Simply Organic Black Pepper, add more as desired
- 2 tbsp Cadia Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Cadia Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, chipped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Pereg Herb Bay leaves
- 6 cups Cadia Free Range Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 bunch of kale, destemmed and chopped
- fresh herbs, chopped
- Simply Organic crushed red peppers
- Combine turkey meat, egg, flour, garlic, salt, and herbs in a large bown and mix.
- Roll turkey meat into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter or oil in a large skillet on medium-high.
- Cook meatballs for 3-4 minutes until all sides are brown.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large soup pot.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add bay leaves, broth, and meatballs.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook for 5-7 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.