Carbonara pasta is an easy keto recipe, that’s super creamy and quick to prepare for family dinner as a substitute for normal pasta. It’s simple, and tastes like you’ve just visited an Italian home in the hills of Tuscany. This Keto Carbonara recipe is made brilliant by mixing the egg yolk with the parmesan cheese to make a delicious white sauce, that when mixed with the heavy whipping cream creates a fantastic sauce that coats the noodles just right, and provides a great number of healthy fats suitable for the ketogenic diet. Buon Appetito!
Keto Diet Concerns
A common issue with the ketogenic diet, or any type of lifestyle change, is you regularly end up eating meals that are different to your family and friends. Its a common problem, so don’t feel like you’re alone. It might feel unfair that others get to “eat what they want” and it never touches the sides, but you’re taking control, so don’t let anyone ruin your groove.
Keto-Friendly Pasta Alternatives
Keto pasta recipes are a fantastic meal to make, since the sauce can often be used for both you and your family, while you switch out their traditional pasta for a keto-friendly alternative. Keto-friendly noodles are made from Konjac root, which is a root vegetable that is comprised of 100% fiber, which makes it 0g net carbs.
It’s all about low carb here, so finding pasta alternatives that actually taste good is a must. Konjac pasta noodles can sometimes taste quite rubbery. The way to avoid this is by dry frying the noodles before adding them to the sauce. It allows the noodle to turn a whiter color, and it also removes the seaweed or fishy taste they sometimes have.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 25 minutes
• 60g chicken breast
• 150g bacon
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
• 1 packet miracle noodles
1. Dice the bacon and cook in a frying pan until the outside changes color but doesn’t go crispy. Remove from the pan.
2. Dice the chicken and do the same. Cook for around 5 minsutes. Remove from the pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk and the parmesan cheese together until it forms a paste.
4. In the previous frying pan on medium heat, add ½ the total amount of cream, and mix the parmesan and egg mixture into the cream. This will take some mixing.
5. Eventually, add the remaining cream and the chicken and bacon. Continue stirring.
6. Open the bag of miracle noodles, and dry fry them in a separate frying pan for 10 mins.
7. Mix the appropriate noodles into the sauce and serve.
Serving size: 2
Serving weight: 159g