We all know the basics of skin care regimen – cleanse, moisturize, and protect. While there is truth to the benefits of following this regimen, understanding why we do these steps is just as essential.
Antioxidants vs. Free Radicals
Free radicals are our skin’s main enemy. These are unstable molecules that attack our skin on different levels, reaching the cell membranes and further, thereby contributes to aging our cells. Our champion? Antioxidants!
While ingesting antioxidants has its own benefits, Dr. Lester Packer, the world’s foremost antioxidant research scientist, has studied that our skin prefers to get its nutrients and antioxidants topically. This has led Derma E to ensure its products contain well-researched, tested, patented, safe, effective, and antioxidant-rich ingredients.
Your Skin Regimen Basics
While it is tempting to keep adding new products to your regimen list, always remember to keep it simple and concentrate on products that address your specific concerns and skin type, as every skin is different.
Start with high-quality cleansers targeting your main skin concern. Remember that removing makeup is part of this step!
- Derma E’s Makeup Remover can be used to remove even the most stubborn long-lasting makeup for all skin types. It includes Green Tea, among other extracts, to deliver antioxidants.
- The Rose Cleansing Oil leaves skin clean and supple. Cleansing oils are suitable for all skin types, even for oily skin, to help maintain skin's natural balance.
- The Derma E Purifying Gel Cleanser works well in cleansing away daily environmental pollutants – oil, sweat, toxins – with Kimarine® Wakame, activated charcoal, and other antioxidant-rich ingredients.
Contrary to popular belief that toning is a must, this step is recommended mostly for the ladies who wear makeup every day. Our bodies are designed to close pores on its own, but this takes about 30 minutes, making this step a must for those without spare time before makeup application.
- The Purifying Toner Mist, rich in patented antioxidant ingredients, helps protect our skin against environmental pollutants.
This is where you give your skin the extra love and care it needs.
- The Firming DMAE Eye Lift uses patented ingredients, such as InstaLift® Goji Berry glycopeptides to deliver younger-looking skin by lifting, firming, and tightening the skin around the eyes. This is great for your morning routine as it visibly lifts the eye area.
- The Vitamin C Concentrated Serum works well with all skin types. This newest line from Derma E supports collagen health, reduces skin discoloration, and increases protection from sun damage. Best of all, it contains a patented formula that is tested to be a stable form of Vitamin C that will not evaporate or breakdown prior to skin absorption.
- Moisturize and Protect
Always moisturize before makeup, as it creates a barrier to keep skin hydrated under a layer of SPF protection during the day. This step goes last in your daily regimen task, as the cream base protection delivered by moisturizers means other products will no longer be absorbed by the skin, as opposed to the water-based serum. Use good quality moisturizer for the night, as this is our skin’s healing time.
- Derma E’s Moisturizing Cream from its Sensitive Skin line is infused with Pycnogenol®, an antioxidant ingredient from the south of France that is 50 times more powerful than Vitamin E in fighting free radicals. This helps reduce redness, puffiness, and swelling.
- The Age-Defying Day Cream, Derma E’s ultimate antioxidant warrior, contains Astaxanthin, which is 500 times more powerful than Vitamin E, and Pycnogenol®. It defends the skin against daily environmental stresses and reverses visible signs of aging.
Use a scrub or mask weekly to stimulate healthy skin renewal.
- The Microdermabrasion Scrub uses a fine-textured crystal blend with Dead Sea Salt that helps exfoliate dull skin cells thereby reducing the appearance of acne scars and fine lines. It is enriched with natural astringents and antioxidants to leave a soft, younger-looking skin.
- Derma E’s Purifying Charcoal Mask detoxifies and exfoliates skin using natural clays and activated to absorb impurities, and apricot seed powder to take out dead skin cells and micropollutants.
While using products from one range may increase the efficacy, it is perfectly fine to mix and match products according to your specific skin concern. To maximize the ingredients, while targeting more than one concern, it is recommended to use one product range in the morning and a second range at night.
Beautiful skin is not just about the products we use, but also about how we take care of our body, our lifestyle, and our diet. Last, but not least, always remember to listen to your skin. While specific products are highly recommended, remember that every skin is different and it is our responsibility to listen how our skin responds.
Derma E products are scientifically proven to be 100% free from genetically modified ingredients as 3rd party qualitatively tested at the DNA level. This means that these are 100% free of genetically modified ingredients. Choose beauty that’s eco-ethical and responsible. Derma E products are available in Healthy Options stores in the Philippines nationwide.
Talk: Dr. Linda Miles