Hair loss is very common to all people. No one is exempted in hair loss because it is natural for our hair to replace old strands with new ones. It is the hair's way to regenerate and get rid of dead hair.
But when is hair fall considered a problem? While some people may experience normal hair fall, there are some who unfortunately experience extreme hair fall. Excessive hair loss can affect the scalp and may cause baldness in men, commonly known as male pattern baldness.
This is the phase where hair starts receding from the crown up to the back of the neck making men bald. Women on the other hand may experience thinning of the hair. Some cases also show that going bald can be genetic as it can be inherited. Androgenetic alopecia, or male pattern baldness, can be passed from one off spring to another, from either side of the family.
Normal as hair loss may seem, we must make sure that we can prevent it by taking care of our scalp. The scalp is where our hair grows, therefore if you don’t have a healthy scalp, hair loss and other problems may occur.
Reducing hair loss takes time and commitment as creating an environment for healthy hair to thrive requires constant care. One of the best places to search when you want to battle hair loss is in your very home. Home remedies can be one of the best solutions since it is cheaper, all natural and accessible. Since home remedies are natural, it can have less side effects or won’t cause irritation since it’s pure and mild. Some of the home remedies are the following:
- Aloe Vera- it has natural enzymes beneficial for the scalp as well as moisturizing properties. Aloe Vera is also alkalizing that primes the pH levels of the scalp to help with hair growth.
- Onion Juice- can help with hair loss as it can kill germs andz bacteria in the hair and can treat scalp infections.
- Henna- it is a natural coloring product that also helps to strengthen hair strands.
- Egg whites- you can use this as a mask to protect the hair, Eggs are rich in protein and Vitamin B that helps in promoting hair health.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry-due to high levels of vitamins, it can promote faster hair growth.
Aside from these ingredients, you can promote healthier hair by massaging natural oils onto your scalp. Oils are essential for hair health because they help moisturize the scalp and repair hair damage.
Here are some of the best oils for the hair and scalp:
- Coconut oil- This famous and easily available oil has many uses. It contains Vitamin E, Vitamin K and antioxidants that can be easily absorbed by the hair.
- Argan oil-This oil is deeply moisturizing and restorative and is ideal for treating dry, coarse and frizzy hair.
- Rosemary oil- Rosemary oil promotes healthy circulation in the scalp hence promoting healthier and stronger hair growth while preventing hair fall.
- Jojoba oil- it isn’t an actual oil but a wax. It has vitamins and minerals that promotes hair growth and overall hair health.
- Avocado oil- Containing essential vitamins such asvitamins A, D, E and B6, avocado oil repairs many damages and is best used for medium thick hair since it is a thick oil.
Taking care of our hair from the inside out is a reflection of overall good health. With good nutrition and a few key all-natural ingredients to have on hand, keeping your hair and scalp healthy becomes easy and doable.